In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Content Related Links
Weights and MeasuresIf you need to hire weights or want to query a short measure whether alcohol, petrol, coal or other substance sold by quantity please call one of our Trading Standards Officers for assistance.
We give advice on selling goods by quantity, packing goods for retail sale, calibration of scales or weights, average quantity and e marking, etc.
For more information visit the Trading Standards website.
Back to the Trading Standards home page.
- Trading Standards Service
Business Hub 15
Level 3 South
Phone: 01224 523737
Fax: 01224 645786
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I still ask for a pound (lb) of apples and a quarter (1/4) of boiled ham?
- How do I know the trader's scales are accurate?
- I bought a pint of beer in my local pub and the glass was not full, is this legal?
- I have bought some goods and when I got home I weighed them on my own scales and the weight seems to be wrong, what can I do?
- I put £10 worth of petrol in my car and the gauge didnít move as far as it normally does. Is the pump giving short measure?
- Should goods be sold in metric quantities?
- Should my local shop provide a scale for my use?
- Who do I complain to about short weight or measure?
- Will Trading Standards staff test weighing and measuring equipment?