How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Truancy/Unauthorised Absences

Schools are required to record whether absence is authorised (for example sickness, medical and dental treatment, bereavement, study leave and religious observance) or unauthorised (for example truancy,
family holidays where attendance is otherwise unsatisfactory and unexplained absence).

Aberdeen City council's policies dealing with truancy are operated locally at individual school level and overseen in each of the three areas by the Service Manager (Schools and children's services).

Please contact your local school for details.

The full list of schools within Aberdeen City can be viewed by clicking on the link below:

Back to the  home page.