How can we help you...

Unlicensed family entertainment centres (FECs)

Family entertainment centres will perhaps be most commonly located at seaside resorts, in airports and at motorway service centres and will cater for families, including unaccompanied children and young persons. Unlicensed FEC will be able to offer only category D machines in reliance on a gaming machine permit.

If the operator of a family entertainment centre wants to make category C machines available in addition to category D machines, the operator will need to apply for an operating licence from the Gambling Commission and a Premises Licence from the Licensing Board.

Back to the Licensing home page.


  • Licensing
    Legal Services
    Corporate Governance
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 6 L1S
    Marischal College
    AB10 1AB