How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Related Links

External Links

Public Health / Cooling Tower Registration

EUGO logo

 Licence summary 

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the local authority of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser (notifiable devices) on the premises.

Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means) on a form approved by the Health & Safety Executive.

You must notify the local authority or island or district council of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, in writing.

If the device ceases to be a notifiable device you must notify the local authority or island or district council in writing as soon as possible.

Regulation Summary 

The Notification of Cooling Towers and Evaporative Condensers Regulations 1992

Application Evaluation Process 

No provision in legislation

Will Tacit Consent Apply? 

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact it. You can do this online if you applied through the UK Welcomes service or use the contact details below.

Apply online

You are now able to apply for this service using the ELMS portal system supplied by the UK Government's Department for Business Innovation and Skills. Please click on the link, on the right,if you wish to use this facility.


  • Environmental Health and Trading Standards
    Communities, Housing & Infrastructure
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 15
    3rd Floor South
    Marischal College
    Broad St
    AB10 1AB
    Phone: 01224 523800