How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Housing - Private Sector/Sub-Standard Dwellings

City Council Officers are responsible for monitoring the condition of private sector housing stock and ensuring that private sector dwellings are maintained in a satisfactory state of repair and meet the tolerable standard.

Officers have powers to enforce owners to take action with regard to the following:

  • Designating and implementing housing renewal areas.
  • Enforcing, repair, improvement and demolition of private sector houses.
  • Enforcing the maintenance of private sector houses.
  • Licensing of houses in multiple occupation.
  • Registration of private sector landlords.
For advice on these matters please contact the Environmental Protection Service.

If any works require to be undertaken with regard to the above contact building control for advice.

You can report Substandard Housing in the Private Sector by using the Online Fault Reporting System.

Please see the Dowloadable Forms section below for a copy of the flyer.


  • Environmental Protection Service
    Housing - Private Sector (sub-standard dwellings)
    Communities, Housing and Infrastructure
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 1
    Lower Ground Floor West
    Marischal College
    Broad Street
    AB10 1BX
    Phone: 01224 522299
    Fax: 01224 523 887