How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Download Documents

     Get Adobe Reader

External Links

Self-Directed Support

Self-Directed Support is all about people having choice, control and flexibility over their care and support.

In 2014 new laws came into force in Scotland, giving people a right to be offered Self-Directed Support in a way that makes sense to them. What this means is that Aberdeen City Council, guided by the new laws, have been working to make sure people are offered as much choice and control over their care and support needs as possible.

In Aberdeen the organisation I-Connect North East can also provide information, advice and signposting in relation to Self-Directed Support, as well as the Scottish Government National Self-Directed Support Website.


Aberdeen City have developed their own SDS portal called MyLife.


  • If you would like to find out more about accessing Self-Directed Support you should contact your Social Worker or Care Manager in the first instance.
  • If you are not currently known to Social Care services then you should make a referral to see if you are eligible to receive any support. The Social Work Duty Team can signpost you to the appropriate service within the Council.


Alternatively you can contact the Self-Directed Support Team for further information (see contact details below).


Back to the Adult Services home page.


  • Self- Directed Support Team
    Adult Services
    Aberdeen Health and Social Care Partnership
    Aberdeen City Council
    Business Hub 8
    1st Floor North
    Marischal College
    Broad Street
    AB10 1AB
    Phone: 01224 523837