How can we help you...

Content Related Links

Pavements/Roads - Claims against Aberdeen City Council

You can report a pothole or other road defect by using the Online Reporting System.

If you consider your car or other property has been damaged by a pothole or you have sustained personal injury, an incident form can be sent to you together with a map of the area on which you should indicate the exact location of the incident and return it with the completed form.

Guidance notes regarding making a claim against Aberdeen City Council are sent along with the Report Form. These must be read carefully before completing the Form.

Only incidents within the limits of the public road in Aberdeen City should be reported.  Any incidents occurring on private roads or areas should be addressed to the responsible persons or owners of such areas. Aberdeen City Council cannot assist in such cases.

Please note that if you are reporting an incident seeking some form of compensation, the Council has in place a public liability Insurance Cover. This means that compensation will only be paid if it is proved the Council has been negligent. 

Report a concern via our Report It page.

Back to the Roads and Pavements home page 


  • Phone: 03000 200 292

Frequently Asked Questions