If you have any questions about a vacancy or the recruitment process, please get in touchContact us
What to expect from our recruitment process
When you apply for a job with Aberdeen City Council, you’re applying to work in a modern, progressive and dynamic organisation – an organisation that has ambitious plans to ensure the people and place of Aberdeen prosper and are safe from harm.
With over 500 different types of jobs in the council – from social care to project management, teaching to landscaping as well as opportunities for graduate trainees, (modern) apprenticeships and work experience placements, you can grow your career in Aberdeen City Council.
- Vacancy advertised and open to applications through myjobscotland
- Recruiting panel shortlist applications against the criteria detailed in the job profile
- Shortlisted applicants invited to interview, unsuccessful applicants notified via email
- Preferred candidate for the post is identified, unsuccessful applicants notified via email or phone
- Pre-employment checks undertaken for preferred candidate (this can take up to 8 weeks depending on the checks required)
- Formal offer of employment made (on basis of satisfactory pre-employment checks)
- Person starts in post
Would you like to give feedback about the website?