Aberdeen City Council uses lots of different types of personal information to carry out its functions and activities. Wherever we’re processing your personal data, you have rights.
Your right of access to your data
You have these rights:
- To be told by the Council whether we are processing any of your data.
- If we are processing your data, you have the right to be given a description of the personal data, why we are processing it, and whether we share it with other organisations or people.
- To be given a copy of any of your data that we process.
- To be told where we get your data from.
- In cases where your data is used to make automated decisions which affect you, you have a right to understand how this process works.
Follow the links at the bottom of this page if you’d like to request a copy of your data.
You’ve also got other rights in relation to the way your data is used, including the right to ask for inaccurate information about you to be corrected. You can contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer by email on email@example.com.
Aberdeen City Council is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office as a data controller. Our Data Protection Register number is Z5018566.
For more information about your rights, and how they work, see the Information Commissioners Office’s website.
Coming soon: changes to your data rights
Data Protection law is changing soon meaning you will have more, and strengthened rights in relation to your data. We will soon be updating this page to reflect these changes, which are happening on 25 May 2018. In the meantime, for more information about these changes to Data Protection law, and what they will mean for you and your data, see the Information Commissioners Office’s website.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?